Monday, September 15, 2014

AND IF I WAS A KID AGAIN..... I WOULD BE RACING THESE BABIES:

This seems as much fun as racing a motorcycle on trails or up the mountain: The balance seems to be as delicate, like on a motorcycle you drive it with all your body, the speed sensation should be awesome and the risk of breaking bones a lot lesser....If I had 18 again I would certainly have been very inclined to be good at it. Now, having learned to sail alone and never raced dinghies I am quite sure that I would not be able to make one of those things fly :-(

Have a look at this nice movie from the European Championship, last August:


Act 5 Wrap Up, EFG MothEuroCup 2014 from EFG MothEuroCup on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Do you notice how none of the Moth sailors are Ben Ainslie / Tom Burton size? :) These are amazing boats, which I've been fortunate to see up close, every time I sail in Newport. Two of my Laser friends have recently purchased Moths, and they confirm the learning curve is quite steep. It is not difficult to get up on the foil, but it is very challenging to stay foiling, and the "landings" can be very painful. One friend was showing me all the bruises he received on his body from just one day on the water in his new Moth. So, Paulo, for "old timers" like ourselves it is perhaps best to focus on the joys of cruising, with that delicious glass of wine. You can see why I am heading towards the Etchells class these days. :)

    ReplyDelete